Feb 9, 2011

Delicious Broccoli! What?

Yes it is true.  Broccoli can be delicious.  Growing up I always hated broccoli.  My mom would always tell me, "Try it!  You might like it." and I always I hated it.  I hated it raw and I especially hated it steamed!  It gets all mushy and soggy when it's steamed... and I still hate it.

So why do I post about broccoli being so delicious?  It's because I found the secret to make it taste good (and this doesn't involve drowning it in cheese....that defeats the purpose of being healthy).  Drumroll please.....the secret is....

You bake it.


Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Wash and cut broccoli into small chunks
Then spray Canola oil spray on a baking sheet.  Place the broccoli cuts on the baking sheet.  Spray one a little bit more canola oil onto the broccoli.  Add a bit of salt and pepper.

Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes (until the broccoli is tender when you stick it with a fork and it starts to look a little crispy)

It is so delicious.  I hope you like it!  (A big thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law for teaching me this one!  It's our favorite side dish at our place!)

3 comments:

  1. horray! glad you like it. it's my favorite way to eat broccoli too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! I'll have to give it a try!

    http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

    Here's the blog I was telling you about earlier!

    see you in class on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we bake broccoli all the time since you and jeff made it at Delta Phi back in the day. IT IS SO GOOD!!

    it's like the only way we eat it now. and it is so easy! :)

    ReplyDelete