Jan 28, 2012

Drink Up!

Green smoothies are definitely something worth trying.  They are basically a fruit smoothie with some added spinach.  I can't stand to eat spinach but when added to a smoothie, you don't even know that it is there!  Spinach has a very high amount of vitamin A and C, plus a ton of other things that are good for your body.  If you need away to get in your daily amount of fruits and veggies, than a green smoothie is definitely for you!


Usually I add some berries and I would definitely suggest this in the future.  The smoothie I made in the video was good, but the berries make it super delicious.  I would also suggest adding more milk or some yogurt to make the smoothie a little thinner (the one I made was pretty thick).

I found a recipe at Sing For Your Supper.  I think it looks like a really good one.  I'm going to try this recipe out next time I make a green smoothie.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Green Monster Smoothie
1 banana, roughly chopped
4 or 5 strawberries
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 small peach, peeled and roughly chopped
1 heaping cup (or more) fresh spinach leaves, thoroughly rinsed
splash vanilla soy milk
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 cup crushed ice

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
*this recipe makes a very large smoothie- two could easily share.

No comments:

Post a Comment