Jun 27, 2012

Week 3 Goal: No Sweets

GOAL: No sugar or sweets this week.

I did okay at the reunion.  I ate a lot of M&Ms and Sweetish Fish (fat free so those aren't bad right?).  The scale didn't like me this week though... so I've been avoiding snacking and sweets this week.  Usually I try to just have one treat a week... so Friday nights I usually have a wonderful ice cream creation.  I find that if I eat well the rest of the week, my one night of treats doesn't kill all the work that I have done.  But this week I need to just avoid it all.  I'll probably do this next week too.

I've heard so many people say how wonderful they feel when they don't eat sugar and I am thinking I want to try that.  It will be really hard at first... but I did this several years ago and it got to the point where you don't crave sugar anymore!  After I had gone a couple of months without eating sugar, I went to my favorite ice cream joint (where I usually eat everything in sight and they have the largest ice cream creations in the world!!), while I was there I could only have a few bites of the ice cream because it was soo soo sweet!  But little by little I build up my tolerance again to sugar so I'm now able to eat the whole ice cream plus some more.

I will not give into my temptations and I'll remind myself why I am doing this... why I want to be healthy.  Something that helps me with temptations is to chew some gum.  I did this a lot at my reunion last weekend.  I find that the fruit ones get rid of my cravings the best.  My favorite kind is Trident Watermelon Twist.  It's a great flavor that leaves me not wishing for sweets.

So whether or not you want to join me on this goal or you may already be doing it, I'll be posting what I'm doing to keep up that goal!

Have a great week and stay healthy!

1 comment:

  1. I do the treats once a week thing as well and it has really helped. I've gotten to the point where I don't crave sugar anymore and I absolutely love it! I feel like I have full control over my body and it feels great! Be strong!!!

    ReplyDelete